We’re working to vary the world, one bowl of sustainable pet meals at a time – however we are able to’t do that alone. Every Freshpet recipe, together with our newly relaunched Nature’s Fresh line, is made with sustainably sourced elements from household farmers who prioritize animal welfare and planet-friendly farming practices. We additionally look to companion with progressive organizations like rePurpose Global to extend our total affect. Working with these like-minded companions ensures that our contemporary recipes are as nutritious for our pets as they’re variety to our planet.
Our favourite Nature’s Fresh recipes
Nature’s Fresh recipes can be found as each a roll and bagged meals, so you’ll be able to select the format your canine enjoys most. Two fashionable choices are the short and easy-to-serve Grain-Free Chicken Recipe with Carrots & Spinach and the anti-oxidant-rich Grain-Free Turkey Recipe with Spinach, Cranberries & Blueberries.
For our feline buddies, Nature’s Fresh at present provides a grain-free hen recipe that includes tender, bite-sized morsels with the excessive moisture cats want. This recipe is made utilizing humanely raised, vegetarian-fed, and GAP-rated hen, with sustainably grown and antioxidant-rich leafy spinach and nutritious carrots.
If you wish to see the total collection of Nature’s Fresh recipes, you’ll be able to go to our web site. To study extra in regards to the sustainability efforts behind these recipes, learn on!
Our thrilling new partnership with rePurpose Global
Beginning July 1st, 2022, Nature’s Fresh is proud to companion with rePurpose Global in its mission to rid the world of plastic waste. Brands which are licensed “Plastic Neutral” by rePurpose Global recuperate as a lot plastic from nature as they produce yearly, from 14 international assortment websites. These websites:
- Collect and take away plastic waste from nations with poor waste assortment infrastructure
- Support native communities with wages that carry plastic collectors out of poverty
- Help guarantee ocean-bound plastic is disposed of correctly
In 2021, rePurpose Global enabled the elimination of 14 million kilos of further plastic waste that in any other case would have leaked into our pure ecosystems. We’re excited to hitch them on their journey to surpass this quantity in 2022!
Why we companion with regenerative household farmers
We’re proud to companion with regenerative household farmers that assist us make sustainable pet meals that contributes not solely to wholesome pets however to a wholesome planet as properly. Farmers that observe regenerative agriculture arrange their land in a method that works in the direction of reversing local weather change. Some of those practices embrace:
- Selective crop selection and placement: The farmers we companion with make a acutely aware effort to rotate crops and plant cowl crops, that are crops planted to cowl the soil reasonably than be harvested. This will increase soil biome and biodiversity, along with serving to them keep away from dangerous runoff by decreasing or eliminating the necessity for pesticides and fertilizers.
- Reduce water use: The cowl crops that our farming companions use to boost the soil additionally enable them to cut back water use. Cover crops keep the earth’s moisture so much less water is required through the rising season.
- Encourage pure pollination: Since fewer pesticides are used on our companion’s farms, the bees and butterflies that stay on the farm are protected from hurt. This, paired with the planting of wildflowers, encourages the pure pollination of crops and crops, which, in flip, results in a extra biodiverse and productive ecosystem.
Our dedication to sustainably raised cattle
Our sustainability efforts transcend the land the place crops are grown – in addition they lengthen to cattle, with an emphasis on animal welfare.
- Cows: Our cows are raised on a cooperative of household farms the place they’re free to graze on completely different fields in rotation. Not solely does this preserve them comfortable, however it additionally captures carbon by fostering wholesome cowl crops and wealthy soil, naturally fertilized by the cows.
- Turkeys: Our turkeys are each Organic and Global Animal Partnership licensed, raised with out antibiotics, and fed a vegetarian weight-reduction plan of 100% natural, non-GMO feed from regenerative farms. They roam indoors and out on land naturally supported by their compost to nurture cowl crops and forestall water runoff into close by water sources.
- Fish: Our Marine Stewardship Council-certified Wild Alaskan Pollock filets are one of the sustainable animal proteins obtainable. These fish come from US fisheries and are 100% traceable to the supply and the fishing practices used to catch them have the bottom by-catch of any seafood. Similarly, our Atlantic Salmon is sustainably sourced from farms which are both Aquaculture Stewardship Council Certified or Best Aquaculture Practices Certified.
- Chickens: Our Certified Humane Raised chickens are raised with out antibiotics on family-owned farms. We additionally proactively work with the Global Animal Partnership, which audits our farms to make sure they meet strict animal welfare and security requirements.
Want to study extra about our ongoing sustainability and sustainable pet meals efforts? See how we rejoice Earth Day, every single day.