The following recommendation has been put collectively by @vitalpetclub
There are an enormous vary of institutions which can be in a position to take care of your cat while you go on vacation, which implies you’ve received quite a lot of totally different choices to select from. For occasion, there are cat-only catteries, combined cat and canine kennels, and even luxurious five-star cat inns and the vary of alternative can generally be a bit overwhelming…
So, to make issues less complicated, right here’s an inventory of essential issues to look out for while you’re deciding on a spot in your moggie to remain:
- Make certain your cat has their very own room. Cats typically don’t prefer to share, and particularly not with strangers! It’s actually essential that your cat has their very own personal area and, if potential, it’s greatest that your furball can’t even see different cats, as even this might stress them out! Look for a cattery with screened off rooms, and attempt to keep away from catteries with any communal areas, as this will result in stress and even combating.
- Peace and quiet. Cats like noise ranges to be low, and discover loud noises scary. Therefore, it’s greatest to pick a cattery that’s for cats solely so there are not any barking canine close by!
- Sneeze-barriers. Screens are usually not solely essential for privateness, however cat rooms manufactured from clear Perspex also can act as a ‘sneeze-barrier’ which is able to assist to scale back the unfold of any infectious illnesses which may be current within the cattery.
- Vaccination checks. Always just remember to choose a cattery that asks for proof of your cat’s vaccinations which embody:
- Feline herpes virus and feline calicivirus (cat flu)
- Feline infectious enteritis
- Feline leukaemia virus
If your cattery isn’t checking vaccination information, chances are you’ll discover that they’re permitting unvaccinated cats to remain, which might significantly enhance the prospect of your personal moggie catching a nasty infectious illness.
Visit our Shop for high-quality cat toys and cat lover merchandise!
- Cleaning and disinfection. It’s tremendous essential that you choose a cattery that has an everyday and thorough cleansing schedule utilizing a cat-safe disinfectant. Not solely is that this essential for fundamental hygiene- in order that your moggie can really feel blissful and comfortable- it’s additionally essential to assist stop then from catching any nasty diseases from earlier occupants.
- Places to leap and conceal. Your cat has to really feel protected and safe throughout their keep so as to have the ability to calm down. Cat rooms with a lot of totally different ranges and hidey-holes are supreme as moggies prefer to have the choice to be up excessive, and conceal after they wish to. A very good cattery will even present your cat with a lot of contemporary, mushy blankets and towels to snuggle up in, in addition to cat-safe toys to play with equivalent to balls, mushy toys and scratching posts. And most catteries will even assist you to convey blankets and toys from residence as these might be acquainted to your cat, and assist them to really feel at residence.
- Lots of meals decisions. It’s additionally a good suggestion to pick a cattery with a lot of totally different meals choices. This is as a result of, whereas it’s greatest to convey your cat’s regular meals with them to the cattery (because it’s one thing you realize they are going to eat), it’s additionally essential that the cattery has a lot of backup decisions in case your moggie goes off their regular meals or is feeling fussy.
- Good cattery employees are important! Attentive, observant employees are essential to ensure that your moggie to be correctly taken care of throughout their keep. It’s essential that your cat is monitored usually for any indicators of sickness and this contains checking how a lot they’ve eaten, their exercise ranges and what their poo and wee seems like. It’s additionally value noting that, though it’s good for cattery employees to maintain a detailed eye in your pet, it may be a positive stability, as an excessive amount of monitoring might stress your cat out and stop them from having the ability to totally calm down. But don’t fret as most skilled cattery employees ought to be capable to learn your cat’s physique language so as to gauge precisely how a lot consideration they should really feel comfy and at residence.